LEARN TO ROW 2018
EBRC offers several learn to row programs throughout the year and joins US Rowing’s National Learn to Row Day every year in June.
EBRC 2-week Learn To Row program – Register now
July 22, 2018 – August 5, 2018
- Learn and practice the rowing stroke and boat handling.
- On-the-water practice first in our (very stable) training barge.
- Then end the 7-day program actually rowing in an 8-person rowing shell on the Oakland Estuary.
- Men and women ages 22 and over (per US Rowing rules)
Class size is limited to 20. The total fee is $150. When finished, you’ll have the opportunity to continue rowing in our ongoing 3-day-a-week Novice rowing program, which is $120 per month.
The first day of the Learn To Row program is 8-11 a.m. Sunday, July 22.
- Sunday, July 22, 8-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 25, 5:20-7:30 a.m.
- Friday, July 27, 5:20-7:30 am
- Sunday, July 29, 8 – 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 1, 5:20-7:30 a.m.
- Friday, August 3, 5:20-7:30 a.m.
- Sunday, August 5, 8-11 a.m.
Registration and Fee
The fee for this 7-session program is $150. The full fee must be paid in advance of the first session via check or PayPal. Program is limited to the first 20 paid registrations.
Send an email to email@example.com.
See you on the water!
National Learn to Row Day – June, 2019
National Learn To Row Day is offered once a year, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., at EBRC’s boathouse, Jack London Aquatic Center in Oakland. Participants must be 22 or older. We welcome all fitness levels and absolutely no experience is necessary.
About this day
The 17th-annual National Learn to Row Day sponsored by USRowing and Concept2 in rowing clubs and health clubs throughout the United States. Competitive and recreational rowers range in age from 12 to over 90, so it is never too early or too late to take up the sport.
Want to start learning now? Here are a few fun facts about rowing.